Hi, I’m Paul. The main purpose of this blog is to serve as a repository for random projects that I’m playing around with.
Here are some things you might want to know about me:
- A couple of years back, I graduated with a PhD in mathematics from Purdue University, and I did my undergrad studies in math & physics at Washington University in St. Louis.
- My graduate research focused on some topics related to the inverse boundary value problem for the wave equation (arXiv drafts of my publications can be found here, here, and here).
- I really enjoy programming in both Python and R, but I’ve recently been playing around with Julia a lot more.
- I enjoy solving problems. I’m a pretty big fan of FiveThirtyEight’s Riddler problems, and I’ve also really enjoyed the Advent of Code the last couple years. I solved a bunch of Project Euler problems, but I haven’t really solved them for a few years (regardless, here’s my completion stats).
- I dabble in the banjo and guitar.